How to Book a General Meeting
What Are General Meetings?
Defined as a gathering of your organization’s members to discuss official business.
Things to Consider:
- Typically scheduled as a recurring weekly or biweekly meeting
- Attended by the registered organization’s members only
- All events require at least 12 days of processing time, not including holidays and campus closures.
- SCES does not book the Cross-Cultural Center or the Anteater Learning Pavilion.
- Only organization-related business activities receive the campus organization rate. Personal events (e.g., birthday parties, weddings, baby showers, etc.) are charged at the full, off-campus rate.
- Free-Standing Temporary Structure forms are required for any events with custom-built displays over three feet (e.g., Greek letters, blocks, photo backdrops, etc.)
Booking Deadlines: How It Works
Minimum 12-day lead time
Note: For classroom requests, see “Things to Consider for Meetings in General Assignment Classrooms” below for request window details.
These are the earliest general dates you can expect your organization to be able to book space, typically in the quarter prior.
|Student Center||Upon org (re-)registration||Week 5 of fall||Week 5 of winter|
|General Assignment Classrooms||Around Labor Day||Week 10 of fall||Week 10 of winter|
Select the Right Venue
|Venue||Food Allowed||Max Hours per Qtr||Available Hours||Study Sessions Allowed|
|Student Center||Yes||30||Sun – Sat, 7 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Year-round, excluding University holidays
|General Assignment Classrooms||No||No limit||Mon – Fri, 5:00 p.m. – 9:50 p.m.
Weeks 1 – 10, excluding University holidays
Things to Consider for Meetings in the Student Center Conference Center
- Using the default setup does not incur charges. See Conference Room Information for default setup information.
- Non-default and custom setups incur labor charges
- AV or additionally requested equipment is not included in the default setup and charges may apply
- If you plan on having food, refer to food permit requirements for guidance
Submit a Request
Submit a UCI Eventive request.
Things to Consider for Meetings in General Assignment Classrooms
- Each organization is allowed to submit a request for one (1) recurring weekly space prior to Week 2. Additional space may be requested after Week 2.
- The “Classroom Request for RCO Meetings Form” opens before SCES has the ability to book classrooms. SCES will process classroom requests beginning Finals Week or later, when access is granted to us.
- This form only accepts requests for general meetings on weekdays
- The “Classroom Request for RCO Meetings Form” will close around Week 2. Classroom requests for meetings may be made through UCI Eventive after that point.
Submit a Request
Find the online Classroom Request for Campus Organization Meetings form beginning Week 10 of the quarter prior to Week 1 of the current quarter on the Plan an Event: Registered Campus Organizations page. Beginning Week 2 of the current quarter, submit a UCI Eventive request.